Friday, September 7, 2012

Balsa Wood Sculptures
Dangerous
I was reminded of a pit of spikes, like in the movies, the circles are what would happen if someone fell onto the spikes. It's creepy I know, but it's what I thought of.









Memorial
I put a piece of artwork on a flat wood piece. I don't always think of memorials as being a tribute to a person or an event. When I think of memorial I think of something on display, in this case like a piece of art.





Voyeurism
It started off as mirrors, how society always want to look at themselves in the mirror, we can't seem to help ourselves. I taped them together and it became more of a looking device and I found myself wanting to turn it around and around looking through all the holes.




Determined
I was thinking about the houses on the Cape Cod sand cliffs. They are these big old houses that cling to the edge of the cliff drop day after day. I always think they are going to fall down, but every year I come back and those crumbly old houses are still there hanging on. Never giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment