Saturday, November 10, 2012

Paper Stacking Community

My idea completely changed from my original inspiration of the stacking stones, as I attempted to make rocks my figure formed a shape that made me think of a hut. I decided to go with the idea and make a hut. Huts often remind me of remote villages out in the forests of south america or africa. The sense of community within these villages is strong because they are all inter-dependent on each other. I left a door size space throughout the piece to resemble people being able to come and go in their neighbor's huts. I even enjoyed the process so much that I started creating another hut.

My apple unfortunately did not come out as well as my piece of choice. I'm not very good with observational art. I built up the top piece too much and didn't focus on the ridges of the apple. When I took a break to work on my choice piece I became so involved that I didn't pay much attention to the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment